Tuesday, February 5, 2008

From Stella Toh

My son, Alexander had his PSLE last year, after which, as we all know, needed to decide on which secondary school to go to.
After much consideration and prayers, we felt that God was directing us to apply for this school in the Upper Serangoon area. However there is one problem and that is transportation.

We live in Bedok which is at least a half an hour's drive to the school. And moreover, it would be impossible for me to drive him on a daily basis. But the voice from God for this school was really clear and so by faith Alex was placed there. By faith I also asked God to sort the transportation out.

Just before school started in January, I went to the bus stop outside the school to check out the bus situation.To my dismay, I could only see one bus service that would bring him to the East Coast area, after which he would still need to take another two buses home. So that would make it a total of three buses on a daily basis over the next few years! Not only that, Alex would need to cross over an 8-lane cross junction ( 4 lane each side) to the bus stop opposite the school. I told God , " This can't be your plans for him!".

Desperate time calls for desperate measures. When I got home, I immediately consulted the SBS website. Dear friends, I cannot believe the results that appeared on my computer screen at first. It said -" Walk to the next bus stop ( on the same side of the road ) and take bus no 45 direct". To me, this is a miracle! Why? Because for the longest time, there was only two buses serving my area in Bedok and a third bus (no 45) was added just a few months ago.

God really, really knows it all.He had it all planned for his children. I thank God for his providence and faithfulness. Hallelujah! Proverbs 3:5 says:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight."
Amen to that!